Monday, June 10, 2013

Wilton Cake Decorating Class - Day 2

Just because you're good at something, doesn't mean you know it all. And I certainly don't know all I can about cake decorating. So I decided to finally sign up for the Wilton Cake Decorating Basics at JoAnn's. Let me tell you, it's GREAT! Whether you've done it before or not, it's truly a great class. I've only completed the first two (of four) classes, but I've already learned so much. There are techniques that I've never seen and materials I've never heard of.

I recommend if you enjoy baking cakes or cupcakes, from a box or scratch, take this class. It's totally worth the money and time you invest into it. It's not cheap by any means, the class is less than $25 but there are materials that you need to purchase, and some that are optional but great to have. 

This week we worked on our first cake. I thought "Easy peezy, lemon squeezy!" Boy, was I wrong! Everything I thought I knew was wrong! This chick right here couldn't even frost a simple one layer circle cake without screwing it up. I should admit, I knew I was awful at it, but didn't know it could be so easy once I learned! That alone is going to save me so much time on cake orders. I usually end up covering the entire cake with decorations bc I can't ever get it smooth be crumb free. 


Sorry that photo is blurry! It was a rainy night and I was rushing to get a photo before I drove!

I'm excited for what else is in store for me. Next week we will be working on cupcakes! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment