Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Wilton Cake Decorating Class - Day 4

My Wilton Decorating Basics class has come to an end, but not without a great final cake! 


We started the class learning how to make ribbon roses. I have to say, I'm so excited to know how to make roses! I've tried and tried, watched YouTube video after YouTube video, and I just couldn't get it! This is especially frustrating considering how easy Cake Boss and Cupcake Wars make it look! 


I'm still nowhere near as fast as good as Cake Boss, but at least I know the correct process and I can practice! 

This is my favorite of all my trials!

Next came our final cake. We were asked to bring a cake already frosted and ready to be decorated. I started with a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting because I wanted to bring it to my grandparents and my Papa has been asking for chocolate cake for as long as I've been baking. No better time than the present right?! 


Although I loved my roses, all 10 woman in the class were doing the same basic cake and I wanted to try something different. I love doing color blending and I thought Hydrangeas were the perfect flower to do. I started with light blue and dark blue in one bag with the 2M tip (big tip, closed star) I started with just the top three but decided that the cake needed something, and I didn't think a border would look right.









Well overall, this was such a great class. I learned more than I expected and I had such a good time. I'm so looking forward to signing up for the next class, once I'm able to drive again after my surgery. 

After much research, I'm even hoping to apply as a Wilton class instructor! They're always looking for new recruits and I'm especially interested in teaching little kids how to do it! I will keep you updated as I get more information :)



No comments:

Post a Comment