Thursday, August 23, 2012

YMCA

We're going to the Y-M-C-A!


This summer I worked at the local YMCA Summer Camp as the director of their Dino-mytes camp. My campers were between 5 and 8 years old. At the end of each summer, we have a talent show and bake sale. I decided to donate a cake because I haven't baked in two months and I was going a bit nutty. So here's my creation... 

Our camp includes about 200+ kids so I wanted to make enough 
cake to feed everyone and their parents.

I decided to do something simple because I was expecting it 
to be cut up before anyone saw what it looked like.



I did squares, triangles, diamonds and circles on the sides, 
along with polka dots all over.





I'm pretty happy with how it came out. With how it started, I didn't think I'd like it.
It was a huge hit with all my kids and co-workers. It ended up going up for auction, instead of cut up in the bake sale. The bidding ended at $65! Maybe I should start charging more.... NAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment